Job TitleHR Officer
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience5 to 7 years
Job Published23 August 2023
Job Reference No.2631550157
HR Officer Paarden Eiland Cape Town
Our engineering/manufacturing client is looking for an HR Officer with 5 years’ of experience. The HR Officer will be responsible for assisting in the development of HR procedures and processes as well as disciplinary and grievance hearings, Trade Unions negotiations, and health and safety issues.
Salary: Highly Negotiable plus benefits
- Tertiary qualification in Human Resources or Labour Relations
- Minimum of 5 years experience as an HR Officer
- Management experience of 1-2 staff members
- Handle payroll off 300 plus staff (perms and wages) – outsourced service
- Must have Engineering Manufacturing Industry experience
- Training and Development of staff experience 3 years plus
- Must have Trade Unions negotiations experience
- Thorough knowledge of relevant legislation including but not limited to LRA, BCEA, OHSA, EE, POPIA, SARS, and UIF.
- Experience in the management of SDL, Employment Equity, Workman’s Compensation, Administer Provident fund, and Medical aid.
- Assist and manage the payroll administration
- Oversee the HR department reporting to the Operations Director/CEO
- Dealing with outsourced Labour HR Brokers
- A good understanding and knowledge of HR/employment law and ensuring that these are conformed to.
- Developing the company’s HR procedures and policies in relation to staff.
- Act as the first port of call to employees for all HR-related queries.
- Handle the employee staff files/documentation, maintain and update employee records, contracts & recruitment paperwork
- Full Recruitment & Selection process
- Administer the Provident Fund & Medical Fund with the various providers
- Payroll duties
- Record Keeping/updating of staff files & grading staff
- Fingerprint loading of new staff & daily check of who hasn’t clocked in & follow up with managers.
- Dealing with Workmen’s Compensation issues (filling out injury forms & submitting yearly Workmen’s Compensation assessments & requesting Letters of Good Standing)
- Compiling yearly Employment Equity documentation & submitting it.
- SDL (knowledge of SDL & advice on training, etc)
- Issuing of warning and arranging hearings
- Employment equity initiatives – ensuring compliance with relevant legislation
- Training and Development of staff
- Assisting with any other administrative tasks as and when they arise.
Please Apply online
FROGG Recruitment SA